Are wives (or husbands...) that bad?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
what’s an 8-track? :p

kidding

I miss rotary phones and I’m a youngster

I DO NOT MISS ROTARY PHONES. And I'm no youngster. I clearly remember crank phones and party lines. Two long and one short etc.

I think touch tone digital is the only way to go.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I DO NOT MISS ROTARY PHONES. And I'm no youngster. I clearly remember crank phones and party lines. Two long and one short etc.

I think touch tone digital is the only way to go.
You slam a rotary phone down to hang up on someone WWWWWAAAAAYYYYY more satisfying than just hitting a button on a phone :D

That and you couldn’t kill one if you tried, those suckers were beefy

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
First phone i remember was the old sucker attached to the wall, burnt spots on the wall above it at the bells where lightning fried a little paint. o_O Couldn't chuck that phone across the room when somebody pi**ed you off.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You slam a rotary phone down to hang up on someone WWWWWAAAAAYYYYY more satisfying than just hitting a button on a phone :D

That and you couldn’t kill one if you tried, those suckers were beefy

OK, you got me on that one! Too funny! I do remember doing that!

Ya, somehow or another smashing a smart phone to smitherines to hang up is a double edged sword. Feels great to do it till you realize what it's gunna cost you.....

Here is the original phone from the farm where I was born. My dad got it when the new phones were installed. I have it now. Just need to find the right wall to put it on. Note the ledge for taking notes and the original sheathed speaker wire. I can still see the women all gathered around it listening to the latest gossip on the party line about who was doin who in their hay mow.

20220301_070440.jpg

Tom O

Ultra Member
You could never pocket dial on a rotary phone, and call display put a end to the harmless prank calls…. One time Dad ran up the stairs stubbing his toe only to find the caller was hooked on Nalley’s potato chips they talked for a while about treatment for this poor chap.