• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Add your first name & picture to your profile please - what do you all think?

First name and Picture on your account - your opinion.

• Yes, first name and picture is ok.

Votes: 88 56.4%
  • Yes, first name but no picture

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • Yes, picture only, no first name.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I'm just not comfortable with this.

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • I have another idea - posting about it.

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi everybody,

We've grown quite a bit since the forum started in 2015. There are so many people now that it's hard to remember people's actual names. I'd like to see everyone make a change to your account to include your first name so posts have your handle and your first name underneath. e.g. me. Janger (John). I also wish people would upload a picture of themselves. It is so hard to go to a forum meetup and somebody introduces themselves as Peter but their handle is Superbike or something. I have no idea who you are or what you look like. If we had pictures it would be easier.

Do people think this is an ok idea? There is always the privacy thing so this wouldn't be mandatory but it would be nice to know everyone a little bit better.

Screen shots attached on how to change your account. You may not have Custom Title option but you should have the Signature option.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.44.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.44.02 PM.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.44.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.44.32 PM.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.36.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.36.03 PM.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
We should all post our first name as John LOL. I don't mind the name thing but I'm not sure I like the image idea. Not all of us are as brave and free spirited as Kevin.

Craig

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
How did you put (John) in your Avatar?

…… Never mind. I don't appear to have access that option.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
ah! Thanks Hruul that is a problem! Anybody else see or not see the custom title?
I don't see it either John.

I am fine with first name and pic. I used to have my pic, but scared myself whenever I saw it so switched to my dog. I get your point WRT to meetups though.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
For those using Tapatalk , I did not see the voting option in the app but did see it using chrome online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tozguy

A member's legal name and appearance means nothing to me when it comes to exchanging ideas. It is their content and contribution that counts. Actually I would prefer not to know their real name and appearance to avoid prejudice.
With persons using pen names it is almost certain that we are recognized individually. Having a multitude of Johns and Mikes in the group has always been a bit confusing for me (being on of them).

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
I have been faced since the beginning although that face is shaven now, I have filled out the signature box but will add my location to that field as well as I feel it’s not a bad idea to know before you suggest help if that person is across the country or nearby