• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Acronyms

John Conroy

Premium Member
I always thought that ER stood for "extended range" . ER40 collets have a grip range of 1mm or nearly .040" so if you have a full set of metric ER40 collets there are no gaps in the gripping range. Maybe I have been wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It could very well be I was just reading an article and saw Eccentric ring and just made and an assumption I could be totally off on that one.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
In 1972, Fritz Weber, founder of Rego-Fix, created and patented the ER collet. The design is a modification of the previously popular E collet design, using the same taper, but simply adding the groove. ... The R in “ER collet” stands for Rego-Fix, representing the company's modification to the E collet design. Feb. 27, 2013

Soooo..... what does the E stand for?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So what else does HSS stand for? I thought High Speed Steel, but I see people using HSS with reference to square tubing?

Last edited: