• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

A few jokes

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
A Catholic Priest, an Anglican Minister, and a Rabbit, enter a Bar.

Bartender asks what they want.

The Rabbit say "Nothing for me, I'm just here because of Auto-Correct!"
Hmnnn my gears are clashing but nothing is happening.... I might have to have someone explain that one to me.....let's wait and see if my dumb old brain will catch it...

trevj

Ultra Member
I know this is a popular belief—but it was never true. Read a little about William Randolph Hearst for example.

Craig
Oh, I am well aware that there has ALWAYS been a chosen slant to what was dished out to the masses.

They usually at least put on some window dressing, and usually, just stuck to the facts, rather than simply deciding how hard to smear any particular group or person.

As some comic was purported to have said "This stuff writes itself!" (except maybe not in as polite terms!) when referring to the comedy of the Political lot.

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
every country or nation has its specific history and customs
That is surely true. Canadian humour is quite similar to Australian humour (where I was born). When I moved to Canada there was an American show on Television called Seinfeld. For the first couple of years I just couldn’t get it, the jokes were so blatantly obvious which was not how jokes in Australia often were.

But after a few years, it became very funny to me. Not because the humour was so obvious, but because it was so “off the wall”.

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Basically, I decided that agnostic political humour was ok.
Ok, I’ll test the waters…

Voting for different political parties is like being asked whether you want to be kicked or gouged…

Question: What’s the difference between an Election and a Horse Race?
Answer: You have a chance of winning in a horse race…

(That’s about it for politically agnostic for me…)

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ok, I’ll test the waters…

Voting for different political parties is like being asked whether you want to be kicked or gouged…

Question: What’s the difference between an Election and a Horse Race?
Answer: You have a chance of winning in a horse race…

(That’s about it for politically agnostic for me…)
Now nobody better be offended by that one! And if they are, I take offense and expect to be apologized to.