• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

8 inch shaper vice $100

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Shaper vice...... It's just about perfect for my 12" shaper....

See if the seller will mail it to you. I just realized that listing is in Red Deer not Calgary. I know there are at least two members on this forum in Red Deer that might be able to help.

It's a pretty heavy chunk of metal..... I think it would have to be relayed somehow, but this isn't looking like the year for travel over here. lol I might be able to do something about it in the spring, but it would have to be someone's doorstop for a while. ;)

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
It's a pretty heavy chunk of metal..... I think it would have to be relayed somehow, but this isn't looking like the year for travel over here. lol I might be able to do something about it in the spring, but it would have to be someone's doorstop for a while. ;)

Well.... let's see here. There is @turner , @Overkill19 and @historicalarms in the Red Deer vicinity. If the seller will mail it to Calgary I'll sit on it until we find a mule.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
This ad has been around for a while - like 6 weeks now and no sales - I am sure you can negotiate something. Canada Post will not accept such a heavy item anyways. You can for example etransfer him $$$ and pick it up later. Or get one of the members to keep it for you.

I'm trying to show a little bit of self control, but am slowly losing the battle. I think I might get my wife to message him tonight as I am not on Facebook, and then we can take it from there.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
How heavy is that vise, I'm kind of "sore back challenged at the moment to lift it myself but if the vendor can placed it in my vehicle i can remove it from the vehicle with my engine hoist when i get it home. Storage will be no problem as long as you want to leave it here and i periodicaly go to red deer at least once every two weeks so "pick up" will have no charge neither I'm burning the gas anyways.

johnnielsen

John (Makonjohn)
Premium Member
I would hazard a guess that it weighs 60 to 70 pounds. Perhaps you can get the seller to load it and use gravity to unload. That is what I do.

I got my wife to send him a message (not a Facebook guy), so we shall see. I think it might need to ship in two boxes. So if I can recruit help, I'm prepared to sweeten the pot a little should this progress.

So, it looks like I might have a shot at this. It's still available and he is willing to meet on the highway with it.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Looks like this got solved, just want to let you guys know...I am more than willing to help out anytime. I just need to know about it, not on the thread every day.

Not quite. If some one in RD would pick it up and mail it to @140mower, I think he would like to hear from them.

Last edited: