8 inch shaper vice $100

Well, as Meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad.:p
The fixed and moving jaws have arrived, waiting for the swivel base, which hopefully will be here tomorrow.
Thanks again Doug, it's very much appreciated. Had a chuckle, I think we both graduated from the Red Green Academy of packing for postage. :D:D:D

I saw that.... It shows that it left then came back...... It says it is due by January 6th, as did the others. This must be our punishment for solid packaging. :D

Will try and get it on at least for mockup, but probably won't get to clean it up too much for a while. Weather has had us hopping fairly nonstop. Oldest pup had her back end go out, so shop time has been curtailed some recently. Made her a wheelchair, she took right to it and seems quite happy to be mobile again.

Attachments

• 20211231_193208.jpg
    20211231_193208.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 6

historicalarms

Ultra Member
A couple months or so ago I ordered 2 small screws for a shotgun from Minnesota, total purchase cost was $9 Can. Those damn screws criss-crossed the mid west U.S. three times before ending up back at the shippers warehouse, re packages & resent, this time they made it to the SIL place on the first bounce and then only 4 days from Chicago to my PO box.....those damn 9 dollar screws burnt up a grand in travel time/expense I bet.

I just bought a rebuild kit for the propane lockout valve on my truck. California to Ohio, Ohio to Kentucky, Kentucky to Toronto, Toronto to Richmond, there it sat waiting for the roads to reopen for three weeks... But, at least it's here, truck was no good without it.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I just measured my shaper vise and its like 7.5" wide - on a 13" shaper. Does yours have base plate? I am thinking of removing my base plate and mounting the vise directly to the table. Reason is I can noticeably see the whole shaper vise move with each cut. Hopefully with the base removed it will move less.

Maybe when I see some larger shaper vise (mine is original to shaper) I do a replacement for more "heavy duty" application.

I just measured my shaper vise and its like 7.5" wide - on a 13" shaper. Does yours have base plate? I am thinking of removing my base plate and mounting the vise directly to the table. Reason is I can noticeably see the whole shaper vise move with each cut. Hopefully with the base removed it will move less.

Maybe when I see some larger shaper vise (mine is original to shaper) I do a replacement for more "heavy duty" application.
I have, but don't use the base for the blue vise as it is way too big for my table, fortunately the bolt spacing was almost perfect for using the vise alone. I too see that movement in mine and I think it will get worse with the smaller vise as it is taller once the base is on, but am looking forward to being able to set the vice to specific angles. I'm hoping that the smaller one will be easier to remove from the table and clamp directly to the table for heavier cuts.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I saw that.... It shows that it left then came back...... It says it is due by January 6th, as did the others. This must be our punishment for solid packaging. :D

Where does CP say the bottom of your vise is these days?

I just looked and it's not yet, says Richmond...... ( Postal site, got off work too late to check in person. On a positive note, the gear calipers I bought are sitting in the post office, so I should have something to play with tomorrow....:)

Not yet, probably today is my guess. Getting things moved around this province has become a bit of a problem. I did get into the shop for a while last night and took the big vise off and popped the new to me one on to the table to see how the fit looks..... Much better. ;)
Pay no mind to the mess, shop time has been pretty limited lately.

Attachments

• 20220106_191923.jpg
    20220106_191923.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 13

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Yikes.... that still looks too big to me. What size is that shaper?

What are you missing now? The swivel base?

It's a 12" stroke and the vise is a little bit big, but nothing like the other one.... Yes, the swivel base is still on its way....