• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

4 way tool holder

Millwright1009

I went onto the the FedEx.ca site to do a test. A 2kg package from Victoria BC to Shanghai China with dimensions 20cm X 20cm X 10 cm would cost me over $300 to ship.
Maybe the DRO is smaller and lighter but $115US is reasonable nowadays.

When my 3D printer came from Hong Kong via FedEx I weighed the box and measured it. Then checked with FedEx for shipping to Hong Kong.
It was more than I paid for the
China doesn’t ship a sea container until it’s absolutely full. Then they wait for a deal on the ship to send it over. doesn’t matter if they have to wait an extra few weeks. That’s why it’s cheap.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I went onto the the FedEx.ca site to do a test. A 2kg package from Victoria BC to Shanghai China with dimensions 20cm X 20cm X 10 cm would cost me over $300 to ship.
Maybe the DRO is smaller and lighter but $115US is reasonable nowadays.

When my 3D printer came from Hong Kong via FedEx I weighed the box and measured it. Then checked with FedEx for shipping to Hong Kong.
It was more than I paid for the printer.
Thanks for that input. Appreciated
CW

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
China doesn’t ship a sea container until it’s absolutely full. Then they wait for a deal on the ship to send it over. doesn’t matter if they have to wait an extra few weeks. That’s why it’s cheap.
That may be true for the postal side of things but my 3D printer came from Hong Kong in two days. My Bergerda AC servo motors and the stepper drivers all took only two days with the standard FedEx tracking numbers.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks John - I'm going to offer to buy at a bit lower than their last offer & leave it to them if they reduce shipping or DRO cost - let the games begin!!
Hope they are hungry for sales at the end or the 3rd quarter.
CW

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I just negotiated a 3 axis D80 w RPM, 2 slim mag scales, and 1 reg mag scale at 600 cdn shipped, from Ditron official. Its on its way. If it pans out, I'll be buying a few more.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wow !!! my best offer now is 550 us$ for 3axis with rpm - which is $750 canadian
You want to share your contact?