• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

4 way tool holder

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Just got a reply from Bergerda.
"Our quotation for servo motor 110SM-M0630NAL and its driver SDD20NK9D and 3 meters cable are 360USD"
But he acknowledges that FedEx shipping is more expensive compared to Aliexpress.
"Our shipping cost is 185USD from Fedex"

I think the best thing to do is buy more than one motor or drive as the shipping doesn't go up double for two. Group buy?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Just got a reply from Bergerda.
"Our quotation for servo motor 110SM-M0630NAL and its driver SDD20NK9D and 3 meters cable are 360USD"
But he acknowledges that FedEx shipping is more expensive compared to Aliexpress.
"Our shipping cost is 185USD from Fedex"

I think the best thing to do is buy more than one motor or drive as the shipping doesn't go up double for two. Group buy?

What does this have to do with a 4 way tool holder?

Millwright1009

I’m going to call this finished. I am going to make a nut with a handle. It’s kind of needed now. I figured the shoulder I put on the hold down bolt would be enough but not quite. Kind of hard to get at. But all in all went well. Few hours gone into it for sure but I needed it for feeling out this machine for sure. image.jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Looks good. You could use shorter hold down screws, not often they need to go to the bottom of the tool holder.

And also use Allen Head Set Screws to save the height of the bolt heads and take up less space.

Millwright1009

And also use Allen Head Set Screws to save the height of the bolt heads and take up less space.
That’s all the place had besides regular bolts.
That was my plan but all they had was 1/2” in length and I wasn’t sure if that would be long enough. Either way I was planning on making a nut with a screw in handle anyways. I’ll just have to do it sooner then I thought is all.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nicely done @Millwright1009! It was a good read to follow through on your project - many interesting comments & I learned quite a bit about parting and also about motors - all very interesting.

@jcdammeyer - I would appreciate a bit more info on your experience with the high FedEx shipping cost that you mentioned above. I have a conversation going on now with Alibaba for a Ditron D80 DRO. The 550 USA$ price includes $115 for FedEx shipping. In making an offer to buy - do you think it'd be better to negotiate a better price for the D80 or ask for a lower shipping cost? Thanks, CW

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
That was my plan but all they had was 1/2” in length and I wasn’t sure if that would be long enough.

Although I have a BXA piston and now also wedge style tool post, I'd bet the dimensions of the screws are all fairly close to the same. Mine are all about an inch long or so. Since they are set screws, the top of the screw can be tightened down below the top of the tool holder.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
@jcdammeyer - I would appreciate a bit more info on your experience with the high FedEx shipping cost that you mentioned above. I have a conversation going on now with Alibaba for a Ditron D80 DRO. The 550 USA$ price includes $115 for FedEx shipping. In making an offer to buy - do you think it'd be better to negotiate a better price for the D80 or ask for a lower shipping cost? Thanks, CW
I went onto the the FedEx.ca site to do a test. A 2kg package from Victoria BC to Shanghai China with dimensions 20cm X 20cm X 10 cm would cost me over $300 to ship.
Maybe the DRO is smaller and lighter but $115US is reasonable nowadays.

When my 3D printer came from Hong Kong via FedEx I weighed the box and measured it. Then checked with FedEx for shipping to Hong Kong.
It was more than I paid for the printer.

Last edited: