• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

3D Printer Happened

Bambu AMS HT looks like it might also be a filament feeder @PeterT.

Getting too complicated. I just want a simple one or two spool dryer.

Not having much luck slogging through ratings and what not.

Looks like some kind of price barrier to 80/85°C. No idea why.
 
Hi Susquatch, Guys,

Off the top of my head thoughts.

I have a Peltier device that will easily do 100C or minus 20C, actually both at the same time ! Depending upon voltage or current limiting to control the temperatures. It is relatively small about 50 mm by 50 mm and about 7 or 8 mm thick.

A suitable fan and a heatsink/radiator with air blown across it could be used to heat or cool an enclosure. Could this be useful for drying filament ?
The cold side easily freezes water out of the air whilst the hot side rapidly gets too hot to hold.
 
For better or worse I ordered the Pi V2 $89 on Amazon. I suspect a minefield of sketchy units overall but it checks most of my boxes. Mostly positive reviews other thna the fan bearing can crap out at some point but I confirmed a replacement fan can be purchased off Amazon. Surely it will be an improvment over what I'm doing now. Even an otherise good looking PLA print at 50-60% humidity is wealer than using dry/conditioned filament so I can get behind that. I have resisted other (non-PLA) materials partly out of lack of need but recognizing moisture is urely going to be a bigger issue.

1791558170388.png
 
For better or worse I ordered the Pi V2 $89 on Amazon. I suspect a minefield of sketchy units overall but it checks most of my boxes. Mostly positive reviews other thna the fan bearing can crap out at some point but I confirmed a replacement fan can be purchased off Amazon.

I am one guy who will be waiting for your reviews and comments. Please don't be shy!

And thanks for the confirming the unsuitability of the Bambu AMS HT. I missed some of that too.
 
Back
Top