• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2023 meetups

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I'm a bit late to comment on the Toronto meet-up - I've been busy with other things and not watching the Forum very closely. Me bad!
I really enjoyed the Barrie meet & greet that @Brent H organized last year. So count me in if the Toronto meeting proceeds. I hope it does.
Not sure where in Toronto you are located @TorontoBuilder but I'm sure it's closer than Barrie.
For anyone that is interested - I'm gladly offering a ride. I'm in Burlington & have lots of room in my SUV.
How about it @SomeGuy? - We could meet at the 401 / Guelph Line carpool lot and then you wouldn't have to drive in the 'big smoke'.

There is good news and bad news.

The good news is that the meet up is definitely on for the GTA and we look forward to seeing you and anyone else who can make it on the 6th.

The bad news is that your confirming your attendance bumped us out of the rib eye steak meal category and into the burgers, and sausages meal category.

I'll be posting the exact address later this week, so that the location of our shop is not online for an extended period of time. However the general location is in Pickering, ON near Whites Rd and Taunton Rd. The location is very close to the 407 and yet not too far from the 401 either so coming in via the 401 to avoid tolls does not add much to travel times.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
There is good news and bad news.

The good news is that the meet up is definitely on for the GTA and we look forward to seeing you and anyone else who can make it on the 6th.

The bad news is that your confirming your attendance bumped us out of the rib eye steak meal category and into the burgers, and sausages meal category.

I'll be posting the exact address later this week, so that the location of our shop is not online for an extended period of time. However the general location is in Pickering, ON near Whites Rd and Taunton Rd. The location is very close to the 407 and yet not too far from the 401 either so coming in via the 401 to avoid tolls does not add much to travel times.

PM the address to those attending then it's not posted on a public forum. Members should be using the poll so that you can capture the attendees for the PM list. IMHO.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi everyone. We’re having a meetup at various locations across the country which is super. If you think there should be one in your area go ahead and organize it! So anyway the forum can sponsor some food and beverage for the event. What I need to do that is a PM from each of you organizing. Let me know when and where your meetup is and how many. We don’t have an infinite budget but we can handle a few different events. Burger sausage and soda kind of event. Keep your receipts. PM me. I’ve already heard from @Crosche a d @TorontoBuilder . Anybody else?

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The hospitality of @TorontoBuilder and his brother at the meetup was very much appreciated by all those that attended. Great event. Thanks to the forum for offering to help with the cost of lunch.
I’m hoping this becomes a regular spring event. Also hoping that other Forum members will attend the next one. Certainly a day well spent.
-)

darrin1200

Darrin
I’m glad is was a great event. Hopefully some pictures will get posted here, so we can enjoy it vicariously. LOL

oops. Just saw the pics in the other thread.