• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2023 meetups

Bandit

Super User
Tequila! Ya! Can't drink beer, no gluten, and no dairy, ya there are a few gluten free beer. Maybe better to drink warm horse xxx. Really, have found two that are somewhat O.K. And did find lactose free cheese or goat cheese.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
2023 Calgary Spring Chapter Meet & Greet Location

@RobinHood (Rudy) has generously offered his shop as the location for the 2023 Calgary Spring Chapter Meeting. The meeting will be held on 06 May starting at 10:30 AM and directions to Rudy's will be made available shortly.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Since when is Hamilton or St Catherine's South West Ontario? One in London could cover all of SW Ontario. But anyway... I wish there was one down at this end of the province.
I thought someguy was in the tri-cites area to be honest. I dont call that SW ontario but it seemed he was making a statement that he did not want to attend a GTA event.

So far the only ones signed up for GTA event are myself, my brother and our friend Brian

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
@TorontoBuilder
I can't find where to sign up for your event orthe details. I'd like to go but not sure of when you planned the event.
It is the same day as every other meet up, May 6th. We'd really like to see you there. Time to be confirmed.

Here is the Toronto meet up thread for when you can confirm. You can of course send me a PM too. I wont be ordering refreshments until just a few days before so don't worry if you wont know til the last minute.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Since when is Hamilton or St Catherine's South West Ontario? One in London could cover all of SW Ontario. But anyway... I wish there was one down at this end of the province.
So what's happening for SW Ontario?

I think London is best for most of us at the West end.

But I'd be willing to go as far as Kitchener Waterloo Cambridge too. It's just that folks there are prolly also willing to go to a GTA event or to London too. So again, I think London makes the most sense. But prolly nobody in London is setup to host something. Not very many members from London to Windsor.

I have wondered why not for a while now. Then the other day I ran into a fellow who works at a local machine shop. There are HUNDREDS maybe Thousands of small/med/large machine shops in the London Windsor area. I asked him if he ever heard of Canadian Hobby Metal Workers. He laughed at me. Said he does this stuff for a living and there is no way in hell he wants to do it on his time off! That makes sense. Might be why there are so few members here.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Sometimes I wonder if I actually am insane.....

It is clear to me that there are a few of you who like to burn both ends of your candle......

But I doubt that insane guys like you are the majority...... LMAO!

Perhaps we should do a survey.....

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I thought someguy was in the tri-cites area to be honest. I dont call that SW ontario but it seemed he was making a statement that he did not want to attend a GTA event.

So far the only ones signed up for GTA event are myself, my brother and our friend Brian

I am in kwc area, that is southwest ontario to me. I don't like going to the GTA, yuck. I'm not really setup to host something either...

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm a bit late to comment on the Toronto meet-up - I've been busy with other things and not watching the Forum very closely. Me bad!
I really enjoyed the Barrie meet & greet that @Brent H organized last year. So count me in if the Toronto meeting proceeds. I hope it does.
Not sure where in Toronto you are located @TorontoBuilder but I'm sure it's closer than Barrie.
For anyone that is interested - I'm gladly offering a ride. I'm in Burlington & have lots of room in my SUV.
How about it @SomeGuy? - We could meet at the 401 / Guelph Line carpool lot and then you wouldn't have to drive in the 'big smoke'.