• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2023 meetups

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
and folks we still need people to put their hand up and say yea I am organizing this in my area ... set the date and time, greet at the door, answer questions, take phone calls, maybe get some donuts and coffee. I think the forum can spring for the cost. Not particularly onerous...

A couple people have offered to host which is great and very generous.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
We have an organizer for the GTA! That's one. looks like GTA is the only meet up...how much are flights? Come on let's have some more volunteers. It's one event not a full time gig!

How about T-shirts? On the back it says: I organized CHMW 2023 and All I got was this lousy t-shirt?

Step up boys come on step up.

Crosche

Super User
and folks we still need people to put their hand up and say yea I am organizing this in my area ... set the date and time, greet at the door, answer questions, take phone calls, maybe get some donuts and coffee. I think the forum can spring for the cost. Not particularly onerous...

A couple people have offered to host which is great and very generous.

I will help organize the Calgary event. I just need to know which venue we are using.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I will help organize the Calgary event. I just need to know which venue we are using.

We have @TorontoBuilder (that is John...yes another one) organizing the GTA and @Crosche (Chad) organizing Calgary. Vancouver Island sounded like people wanted to do something. Would one of you offer to coordinate? Other parts of the nation I'm less sure about. For people looking for a venue the library is a good place to try. If you live in a region with some like minded members please volunteer to organize it.

I suggest we aim for Saturday May 6th. Say 10:30 AM local time? People hopefully won't be too busy with holidays or taxes that weekend. We could just try for meet and greet but last time in Calgary in person @kevin.decelles did a talk on sand casting. So if there were volunteers to present a topic I'm sure it would be welcomed.

@Crosche Rudy has volunteered his place as well as your friend at black cat metals. Weigh the pros and cons and pick! I'll continue to meta-organize the larger effort and guilt trip members to volunteer. :>

I will put up a thread for each area to organize under.

Volunteer Duties:
find a venue for your area, with chairs & tables - or ask people to bring chairs.
request RSVP for people attending to get some numbers
bring snacks and coffee, water, the forum will reimburse
provide stickers & for name tags
optionally find a volunteer to present a topic or demo something
have the event
bask in the kudos for organizing the event

Last edited:

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
We have @TorontoBuilder (that is John...yes another one) organizing the GTA and @Crosche (Chad) organizing Calgary. Vancouver Island sounded like people wanted to do something. Would one of you offer to coordinate? Other parts of the nation I'm less sure about. For people looking for a venue the library is a good place to try. If you live in a region with some like minded members please volunteer to organize it.

I suggest we aim for Saturday May 6th. Say 10:30 AM local time? People hopefully won't be too busy with holidays or taxes that weekend. We could just try for meet and greet but last time in Calgary in person @kevin.decelles did a talk on sand casting. So if there were volunteers to present a topic I'm sure it would be welcomed.

@Crosche Rudy has volunteered his place as well as your friend at black cat metals. Weigh the pros and cons and pick! I'll continue to meta-organize the larger effort and guilt trip members to volunteer. :>
are we going to try to have an online meet up as well to coincide with the actual meeting, in case people have interesting presentations to view?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
are we going to try to have an online meet up as well to coincide with the actual meeting, in case people have interesting presentations to view?
That could be great but perhaps for our first return to in person meetups we should just have a simple event. That would mean organizing A/V gear, network, organizing a platform, timezones... Let's do that at the next event.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
What about Edmonton? BC Interior? SK? Ontario West, Montreal, and the far east?

Bandit

Super User
Calgary meet up. Might be able to make it during the day, can't handle dark and finding my way in Calgary. Getting better as learn some routes. Helping farming may get in the way.