• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2023 meetups

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Well I think we’re probably in good shape to have a meet up(s) in person again. We need some volunteers to coordinate and organize event(s). It would be nice to have some regional meetings too. Calgary, GTA, Vancouver/Victoria, maybe SK, maybe Atlantic? Any volunteers? Please contact the moderators. See link on the home page at the bottom.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Anything planned for West of London?? Wonder if the Hairy Bushman is having an open house ?

Not enough of us around here. And even if there were, the bushman's wife would veto an open house. On the other hand, I'm always up for a visit. I love watching guests trip over all my junk! Safety waivers and proof of insurance are required.

Something in the London area might be more suitable cuz it would draw from Waterloo/Kitchener/Cambridge to Windsor area. That would be enough to support a barbeque get together.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Magical words right there. T-bone steaks?
You'll need to charge admissions :D
R.d0ad65c5afb48acaac077984beba4c26

darrin1200

Darrin
I know there are a lot of hobby machinists over here in Eastern Ontario, but I’m not sure how many we have on the forum.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Swage blocks?
I wish, If I get the ability to pour iron by then maybe. Seems a bit ambitious of a goal at this point. I was thinking just aluminum.

Cast Iron is definitely a goal eventually, but I think it's a bit out there with all the other projects I've got going on at the moment. Golf, and baseball season is about to flare up here too, so my shop time is going to drop to zero in the coming weeks until the fall. Between coaching and playing, I'm on a diamond 4 nights a week, and golfing another 1-2. Not to mention tournaments, etc.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I recall there was a decent number of members around the GTA who indicated that they'd like to attend a GTA meet up when one was organized...

I'd be down for helping to organize something, and I'm sure that my brother would even be open to hosting, but being in suburban area we're space constrained, as I'd assume most others inside one of the GHTA cities would be.

If anyone has a larger space outside the city but within the GTHA we'd happily defer to them and lend them assistance. Or if no one volunteers their space I'm sure that my brother would still be happy to host.