• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

WTB small hobby knee mill.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
hey @WestVinTools Welcome! I lived for years in Brantford -Brock street. Near Recreation park!

There was a great deal on a surface grinder near you that was posted for over a year in Paris...

Enjoy the forum!

WestVinTools

That Craftex knee mill sold for $4200 (just over $5000 with tax and buyers premium). Not what I want to spend at the moment on a mill that old.

On a plus side, I broke down and researched bench mills so I ordered a cx601 mill/drill from busy bee. I'll be making a steel base for it. Was thinking of pouring a 3" or 4" thick concrete top to attach the mill to. Does anyone own a CX601? If so what are the dimensions for the cast base of the mill?