• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

WTB - Bench Mill

Need something with more substantial in all regards compared to my mini 4x16.

Preferably 110v but single phase 220 okay as well.
6" ish Y travel,
16"+ X travel
Min 1000w motor
Variable or multi speed
Prefer MT3 but R8 is fine as well
Fwd and reverse
Vintage or recent.

I've been looking at the following: Busy Bee CX601, Precision Mathews PM-25MV and PM-727M, Grizzly G0759 and G0761, Aliexpress

.... probably for the same reason that I wouldn't mind replacing my little mill with another with mt3.... I already have quite a bit of tooling and it fits both lathes as well. If I went r8, I would have to start again on the tooling purchases and would be machine specific.

gerritv

Gerrit
But you don't actually need a lot of collets. Esp if you put things like drill chucks on 3/8" and 1/2" straight shanks. Buy HSS cutters with 3/8 or 1/2 shanks as well and you onlly need those 2 collets.
For everything else buy an ER20 or ER25 straight shank collet chuck for all of the misc. in between sizes.