We're having fun, making danger ribbon.
This is still all the same dang piece. I've only been able to snag 5 minutes now and then to work on it.You do seem to like working on long skinny stuff. Why brass instead of steel?
I'm not sure how the obnoxiously expensive triple start dies will do with steel.
The " How to run a a lathe " book by south bend describes the process very well. I haven't tried multi start threads, but the process is well layed out, and is what got me over the hurdle to threading on the lathe. If you haven't picked up a fish tail gauge yet and thread gauges, do so, as they're cheap like me....I knowwwwww and I want to. I need someone to sit down and help me figure it out. It would be a MASSIVE change to my production workflow.
Mmmm yes and no. It's a learning style thing - some stuff I don't mind diving into, some things I definitely do better with instruction.The best one to sit down with you is you. Y
Mmmm yes and no. It's a learning style thing - some stuff I don't mind diving into, some things I definitely do better with instruction.
Thank you! This is the best this portion of the garage has felt in 7 months. Still some ongoing adjustments to make, especially re: tool storage, but it's proving to be pretty functionalSetup looks great!
Sadly, I'll never reach that point... 🙁...and then lock in on the little quality of life improvements