Garyt
Well-Known Member
Ok so that was easy except for my ridiculous magnetic base.
Lathe is cool the first check showed about 2.2 so I tightened the adjustment bolt about 10° and the runout changed to about 1.5. The spindle would stay where I put it ie. if I lifted up it stayed up (more or less)and when I pressed down it stayed down.
I ran it for a few minutes at fast no load and it is still it same old silky smooth quiet self.
My lathe came to me from a friend who was a master machinist who had inherited it from his father, it was his basement lathe for small special jobs.
Lathe is cool the first check showed about 2.2 so I tightened the adjustment bolt about 10° and the runout changed to about 1.5. The spindle would stay where I put it ie. if I lifted up it stayed up (more or less)and when I pressed down it stayed down.
I ran it for a few minutes at fast no load and it is still it same old silky smooth quiet self.
My lathe came to me from a friend who was a master machinist who had inherited it from his father, it was his basement lathe for small special jobs.