One vote for endless.Spliced or endless serpentine belt?
One vote for endless.Spliced or endless serpentine belt?
I may need to see if I can commission this from someone. Since you need a tailstock to modify the tailstock hahLooking at your tailstock photo reminds me of one of the limiting factors I found w/ my 9A: the short quill travel. Although I was unable to tackle the job before I sold the lathe, here's links to 3 vids on extending quill travel:
9" Southbend Tailstock Quill Extension: Part 1 - YouTube
9" Southbend Tailstock Quill Extension: Part 2 - YouTube
9" Southbend Tailstock Quill Extension: Part 3 - YouTube
You might want to figure in shortening a leadscrew, as mine is a 3 1/2 foot one and his is a 3 ft. I wonder if there's enough length to flip it end for end and move the more worn end to the tailstock? I don't think the one I have has much wear as the rest of the lathe doesn't, and my plan is to convert to an A as I have all the parts here to do so...... 😎I am sure one of us can help you
Tomorrows bridge is tomorrows problem, it's arguably not the best mantra to live by but then again I can only cross one bridge at a time 🙄I don't think I own the bobcat that I had it for anymore and if I find I am wrong as is often the case, I will cross that bridge then. 😛
I am seriously considering burning one of those at the end of shift tomorrow. The fun ran out of this one....... 😕Tomorrows bridge is tomorrows problem, it's arguably not the best mantra to live by but then again I can only cross one bridge at a time 🙄
Burning bridges means you can't cross that one again, so kudos, check that one off the list 😀I am seriously considering burning one of those at the end of shift tomorrow. The fun ran out of this one....... 😕
Oh once I get there, you know I'll be asking 😉I am sure one of us can help you
I'm not sure if the lead screw needs replacing yet!You might want to figure in shortening a leadscrew, as mine is a 3 1/2 foot one and his is a 3 ft. I wonder if there's enough length to flip it end for end and move the more worn end to the tailstock? I don't think the one I have has much wear as the rest of the lathe doesn't, and my plan is to convert to an A as I have all the parts here to do so...... 😎
Perhaps we have found the key to slowing you down and making us look bad..... all we have to do is pawn your services off on everyone else's projects until we get caught up on a few of our own. 🙄😛
It is going to be coming pretty fully apart yep.If it's apart, one piece would be the way I would go. But if you wanted to do it on the cheap, I would replace the one on the family car and splice the old one to the right size to fit the lathe...... they can also be laced with heavy fishing line or wire, or if you know someone with a belt clipper, that's another option. I used a clipper on my 13" south bend and a one piece on the 10", but only because I already had it here and it happened to fit....... I don't think I own the bobcat that I had it for anymore and if I find I am wrong as is often the case, I will cross that bridge then. 😛
Well. There is the one....... I just don't tell folks which one. 🙄What about your 16 dogs ?
Hmmmm, let's have puppies...... I think that ranked right up there with "hey, look, free chickens!" 😳 🙄What about your 16 dogs ?
With ours we don't tell which one won't. They did a great job a couple of mornings ago at six am. when we caught a twit sneaking around dressed all in black. He insisted he thought our 900 foot gravel driveway with industrial steel gate was a short cut to Victoria. 😕Well. There is the one....... I just don't tell folks which one. 🙄
Hey yeh, "calling all bandits". 😉Should have offered the guy “short term employment opportunity, new DUMMY needed for dog exercising”.
I prefer to put off till tomorrow what i was going to do today. Screw the bridges.Tomorrows bridge is tomorrows problem, it's arguably not the best mantra to live by but then again I can only cross one bridge at a time 🙄