• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Work table/bench

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Here is a photo of my NEW King Mill and support frame. Some Angle & Tube Legs, braced and bolted assembly, 3/8” Top Plate and painted it with Tremclad Aluminum.
I bolted 1-1/2” of particle board under the mill to absorb vibrations.
No welds, sturdy and inexpensive . . . chews aluminum like butter.

Attachments

• F68853F8-CD20-4F4B-B897-A07956825F14.jpeg
    F68853F8-CD20-4F4B-B897-A07956825F14.jpeg
    503.6 KB · Views: 17

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Well it's a different approach but one that is built to last and I have never regretted it. Built out of dimensional lumber with 3/16" steel plate on the top with rounded over edges in the front and inside corner on the back forming a 6" apron up on the back wall. Height is 38" and I wish I would have built it View attachment 18233higher. I built another similar bench (without the steel top) and it had to be quite a bit taller (44" or so) and I really like that height.
Excellent work table and my back likes the height.
I aim to make every work surface in the 42-48” high (Being 6’4” means the higher the better).
The drawers are handy as well.
Using pine lumber as frame members means built-in shock absorbers.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought a nice work table that Home depot sells, it's a Husky 6ft long and lots of adjustment on the legs. It's got a thick wood top, set it up as a new reloading bench for the Dillon presses. Seems solid, but it's is big. The price was good, and i think they sell a similar one with drawers.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I had a 550 and 2 650's (along with a couple other "red machines") at one time but age has slowed down the shooting rate to 3-5000 rounds a year for the wife & I (mostly her) so I sold the 550 and gave the one 650 to a nephew that was getting into the shooting sports.