• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Who Wants a Shaper?

Yup.... I get it! Pictured is my current basement shop..... temporary. I’m 46. By 52 I will have a full sized shop. So far I have a Norton 6 x 18 hydraulic surface grinder in storage with the future in mind. This shaper would be a nice addition to the storage unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where are you guys finding all this shop space? And in basements to boot?

You see the task lamp with the goose neck attached to the shaper? I don't have room for THAT.

Those traction engines are phenomenal... representations of mechanical relics that helped develop the mechanical trains we all use everyday since then.

They are three Wilesco “all brass” live steam traction engines. My moms boss had the identical 2 of the 3. When I was a kid we got to go to his house for the company Christmas party and he’d fire them so that my brother Trevor and I could see them go. Fast forward to 2004 I found all three on eBay. They were new, in the box and had never been fired. As soon as I received them I opened the boxes and set them going, excited to see them run as I had when I was 10 years old (20 years prior). I still have the boxes for each, but have not run them in 5 years or so..... maybe it’s time eh?

ff0f26e6debea78112c71089f4e566a2.jpg

Or are you referring to my ridiculous obsession with Eagle 66 oilers?

736938e9e9521c0276c327e045fbd503.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh man those engines are too cool. AND TO HAVE THREE OF THEM!

I used to have an Eagle oiler when working on printers and card/row punches at Univac in the 70's. Seems to have disappeared somewhere in the last 3 moves :-) Will have to ask my brother if I left it at his shop for storage.

Derek's shop is a testament to utilizing every possible cubic centimetre of space.

Gerrit

Bidding Ends: Tue, Mar 16 12:53:00 pm MT

CENTURY NOW OFFERS SHIPPING OPTIONS ANYWHERE IN CANADA!!!

Last edited:
Wow, did not expect that at all! That is double what I though it will go for. Maybe I am missing on valuations or its auction effect.

Yes it was. I have space in the shop and it looked like a fun tool if it could be had at the right price. Over $2100 was not the right price for me.

Back