• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Where to buy milling machine in Saskatchewan

My first mill was a PM932PDF
Same as the M but with power down feed. It was a very good machine
No problems in the 3 years I had. PM offers 3 yr warranty ( 5 on Taiwanese machines) as well. Everyone else is 1 year.
How did you Like the PM-932PDF? Was it the one with 6 speeds or the variable speed? How did it do in steel? Is it rigid enough to take a decent depth of cut or is it limited to lighter cuts say .010"-.020"? Just curious since that's the one I am leaning towards at least for today.

John Conroy

Premium Member
I bought mine in 2013. Definitely worthwhile to get the pdf version to have a z axis motor and pdf for boring. There was no electronic variable speed available then but I never felt like I needed higher spindle speed. It weighs 1100 lbs with the cast iron base so it's a pretty stout machine capable of serious work. I needed a bigger table so I sold it and bought a bigger mill. PM machines have good resale value and after 3 years I sold for what I paid for it.

P9020525.JPG P9030557.JPG

What ever mill I get I will most likely build a stand for it. I am tall and my back doesn't like me bending over to run tools and I have a lot of material sitting around that needs to finally be used up.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
What ever mill I get I will most likely build a stand for it. I am tall and my back doesn't like me bending over to run tools and I have a lot of material sitting around that needs to finally be used up.
Small mill in Regina. May be smaller than what you are looking for.
The guy listing it always has a bunch of stuff listed. May be a reseller from the local auctions

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Small mill in Regina. May be smaller than what you are looking for.
The guy listing it always has a bunch of stuff listed. May be a reseller from the local auctions
Why did this not show up in my feed. Thanks for the link. Too small for me but now at least I can follow him.

I saw a Modern ZX45 for sale in Edmonton on kijiji with a stand but from what I can figure out it would weigh around 1200lbs. I am assuming it weighs close to a Modern MD-45A that i found a weight for online. Sadly I think that might be a little over weight for my 1/2 ton for a 5 hour highway drive. I broke a leaf in my last truck bringing home a lathe 6 or 7 years ago and don't really want the pain of dealing with that again.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Enjoy the downhill slide.

My slide ride has been more like a half dead carcass getting beat to smitherines in a mountain river rapids..... Just when I get some air, my head hits another rock and I'm down again for another tumble along the bottom.

But you are right. We shouldn't scare the young guys too much. They have lots of time to figure it all out on their own.

Ya, enjoy the slide..... LOL!