• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Where to buy milling machine in Saskatchewan

Thank you everyone for all the great advice. I ended up buying a mill and am picking it up in Edmonton on Thursday. I ended up buying a used Modern ZX45 off kijiji even though I initially said I wasn't going to and that I wanted to buy new. After thinking it over it just seemed like the right choice. I believe it is pretty similar to the PM-932M that I was considering just a lot cheaper price and it comes with a collet chuck, hold down set, and a drill press vise. I am not sure what taper the spindle is or what size the collet chuck is but really neither of those would matter enough that it would stop me from buying it. Once I get it home and set up I will post a new thread about it and then try to sell my old mill. I might post a thread about that since I think its a pretty neat mill.

Thank you everyone for all the great advice. I ended up buying a mill and am picking it up in Edmonton on Thursday. I ended up buying a used Modern ZX45 off kijiji even though I initially said I wasn't going to and that I wanted to buy new. After thinking it over it just seemed like the right choice. I believe it is pretty similar to the PM-932M that I was considering just a lot cheaper price and it comes with a collet chuck, hold down set, and a drill press vise. I am not sure what taper the spindle is or what size the collet chuck is but really neither of those would matter enough that it would stop me from buying it. Once I get it home and set up I will post a new thread about it and then try to sell my old mill. I might post a thread about that since I think its a pretty neat mill.
Congratulations, new tools in the shop are always smile-worthy events. Hopefully the roadtrip to pick it up goes off without a hitch.... Looking forward to the pictures.... Of both the new and the old mills.

Brian H

Super User
Great Western Saw has a limited amount of mills and lathes and a location is Saskatoon
I was at a demo in Regina last month and one of the partners admitted he knows diddly squat about woodworking but is a Red Seal machinist and was starting to bring more of the metalworking side to the business.
I purchased my PMD30 from them. They were really pleasant to deal with. They didn't have anything in stock but did their best to get one as quickly as they could for me.