• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sticky What Machines Do You have?

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and I'm embarking on a new adventure in metalworking. Previously, I was heavily involved in woodworking, home renovation, electronics, home automation, and 3D printing. I still love doing these, but miss having a set of tools in my arsenal for making really precise and strong parts. So, I've decided to dive into the world of metalworking, adding another exciting and potentially very expensive hobby to my list. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Relevant machines I have so far:
- Lathe - CX 706 Busybee (Recently purchased)
- 3D Printer - Voron Switchwire
- 8" Bandsaw - Delta
- lots of woodworking tools (table saw, mitre saw, etc.)

Would like to have or will be needing soon:
- Lots of Lathe tooling - I'm just starting out with the basics included with my lathe
- Disc and Belt Grinder
- Vertical Mill (if only I had more room)
welcome to the forum. yes we can help you spend a lot of money :) What part of the country are you in?

Looks like a HEAVY old workhorse of a vertical mill !!
Where did you get it ?
Thanks. I got it from a local machinist. He had it in his home garage. He saved it from a scrap yard in Toronto. He said it was in a pile that had just been dropped off. Not sure why someone would have scrapped it. Doesn’t seem to have any wear and everything works. He had it for over 20 years he said.I fixed the over ram , I posted a few months ago about that. It’s a better machine than my K & T 2HL vertical was and this is also a horizontal.
Martin

I hope you have space to get your forklift or crane in there to move it.
It must be a couple tons, very beefy castings.

Back