• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

What I've been waiting for... (maybe)

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've been waiting for a CoreXY [printer for some time, and even contemplated building a Voron or VEZbot. I'm sure I'd never finish the homebuilt before I got distracted and never got back to it. (such is ADHD).

---

Creality has released its new K1.

What it ISN'T: a fixed CR5. Or a reworked Bambu P1P. And not a walled garden like the Bambu.

What it is:

Die cast CoreXY frame. Klipper. maxes out at 600mm/sec (so they say). Passible benchy at 15-17 minutes. materials up to ASA. Totally enclosed. A lot of goodies, including a touch screen.

Shortcomings:

Small size (220X220X250mm
included build plate not very good, but the double sided textured plate for the Ender will work fine.
Wifi not working yet
2 reviewers have had hot end breaking at the heat break.

--------------

If they work out the kinks with this printer , at 600$US it might get me to pull the trigger and buy it!

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
220x220x250 is an ok build size, don't let that scare you off, I have a 300x300 and a 330x330, and other than filling up the build plate with a bunch of small stuff, I doubt I have ever printed something that needed more than 200x200

What does it have for a Build plate? Textured glass?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
That's a pretty good deal for what you're getting. I too have always wanted to build a voron, but will admit this one actually has me interested.

Proxule

Ultra Member
From the reviews, No thanks, I will let the guinea pigs solve its 1001 issues. Like creality is famous for.
I will continue to use my Ender 5 S1 until the bambu lawsuit settles ( creality loves to copy ), This is just my guess lol

Thanks for posting