Tool What is your oldest tool in the shed ?

Tool

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I don't have much of an interest in antiques. Just family ones. I have my great grandfathers flytying vise he made in the 40's/50's, and some other related tools and gear from then too. Gram gave me that when I was about 13-14, and got me hooked....

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
My oldest thing currently is a 250cf Oxygen bottle with it's first stamp at 1952...by the rcaf

IMG_20240318_180529.jpg

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
My oldest power tool is a Delta 14" bandsaw donated by Kiawanis Club to Scouts in 1936. The rusty saw was rescued from the garbage pit back in about 1969 and shipped up to Edmonton where I restored it. I still have it. Gee. In 12 years it will be 100 years old.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My oldest power tool is a Delta 14" bandsaw donated by Kiawanis Club to Scouts in 1936. The rusty saw was rescued from the garbage pit back in about 1969 and shipped up to Edmonton where I restored it. I still have it. Gee. In 12 years it will be 100 years old.
Would like to see a pic or two of it.

Upnorth

My oldest tool that I'm sure of the date is a Delta unisaw made in 1948. It was going to be scrapped because it was rusty. I took it home and was taking it apart to overhaul it and noticed the inside was in great condition. So I cleaned the rust off the top and put it back on. It still has the original gigantic in size for only 1 horsepower motor. The saw is in regular use today. I have a few other tools that I'm sure are older but I'm not certain how old.