• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

What is more valuable?

What is more valuable?

• Excess Shop Space

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Excellent Health

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Health, mental and physical, is the very utmost value. Without mental health the following outward evidence of character can be muted:: Such things as love, loyalty, integrity, etc. Several of the members of my family had mental health compromise those actions.

Without physical health, much of what we would want to do would also become restricted. (the most important of these, is, of course, doing things for others, especially those less fortunate)

... but who of us doesn't want his shop, and work it too! :p

The health is a bigger priority for me, i say this as i scarf down a small hand full of pills the doc says i must have. :(

I definitely think health first!!! As someone who has been periodically chased by the dogs of depression, once the desire to be in the workshop has decreased just seeing my tools not being used makes things worse.

So it wouldn’t matter if my shop was bigger, without health it’s going to feel pointless.

(I’m happy to report that I’ve discovered a therapy that appears to be quite effective for me- researching and buying tools! Acquiring tools when the dogs typically visit appears to be a sure way to keep them at bay. I don’t understand why it’s not covered by my works health plan, it should be. I’ll experiment further this winter)

SWMBO gets her gym fees covered by her health insurance, do you think mine would cover an influx of RF30 parts?

Back