Vevor vises....quality?

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Interesting video digging into Vevor a bit. I watched another one last year that talked a bit about a few different aspects of how vevor got started, but can't seem to find it.

The busy bee vises have made their way to my car, and are waiting for some motivation to stay after work some night this week to get inspected.....They did credit me $20 after they dropped the price to $99 on them right after I bought them, so that softens the blow a bit more.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
We were busy making bottle rockets out of CO2 cylinders (only 'some' exploded!), and various tape wrapped fire and stink bombs from strike anywhere matches, never got around to trying match heads in the .22's, and nobody had a .303, so no shells to play with...

Did have a friend, whose father did some blasting, so we did play a bit with fuse and caps... No missing fingers... :p
Spent two years in Rouyn/Noranda growing up attending grades 4 and 5 in a school literally adjacent to an open cast mine. There were loose caps all over the place and lots of safety films showing you what not to do when you found one. The mine grounds were pretty much the best place to set them off. We knew better than to use the railroad cut for that.

Last edited:

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@Dan Dubeau thanks for spotting the video. It wasn't anything I didn't expect.

I have bought a few Vevor products, and was satisfied - I had appropriate expectations, I guess. The thing is, is that they just resell without any filter, any product that they can. So one set of my lathe skates is Vevor, and they work very well. but what's to go wrong? replaceable bearings, etc. But they were cheaper than I could even buy the bearings, let alone the rest of it.

So with caution, and common sense, one can manage some things from Vevor quite successfully, but precision machine vises aren't in that set of objects, for instance. too risky, and too big of an investment to walk away from.

trevj

Ultra Member
Spent two years in Rouyn/Noranda growing up attending grades 4 and 5 in a school literally adjacent to an open cast mine. There were loose caps all over the place and lots of safety films showing you what not to do when you found one. The mine grounds were pretty much the best place to set them off. We knew better than to use the railroad cut for that.
Railroad... That reminds me... LOL!

We wandered through the Speeder sheds, in my home town.

FWIW, Speeders were a little motorized box that ran down the rails, usually ahead of the train to ensure a clear track, or were used for various maintenance purposes.

Anyways, we found that each Speeder, had a canister full of Railroad Flares, and Torpedoes. Torpedoes were a signalling device, used to warn the engineer that he was approaching some reason to slow down, as well as to warn maintenance crews that a train was coming.

So, there we were, carrying about six of the canisters each, as we hiked down the track... Not subtle at all!

There was a curve in the railroad that was in a slit trenched in to a hill, nearby. So we set up about fifty or so of the Torpedoes on the rails on this blind corner...

It was loud, from where we were when the train finally showed up. Never did find out how big a pair of pliers it took to recover the Engineer's ginch!

And, we got busted for it, and got thoroughly arse-warmed too! And that was the last time we played with Railroad stuff! LOL! Fun times!