• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Used tool shop in Hamilton

Sort of a kijiji find as they put several adds on kijiji for the store.
Place is called 689r right near Center mall.
Lots of old tools and such but actually a lot of machining stuff Gave it a quick look through today.

they’ve got bucket loads of carbide inserts TONS of end mills and taps, drills, lathe tooling. Also a bunch of name brand indicators and measuring tools.
Saw some P&W collets that might be the type used in old Bridgeport’s I just read about on here (maybe I don’t really know.)

had a Jacobs chuck that was damn near 4” across!!
I honestly think they got a kijiji add I missed a couple months back that was 1000$ and needed three adds for all the pics was a literal pick up truck load of tooling.

Sort of a kijiji find as they put several adds on kijiji for the store.
Place is called 689r right near Center mall.
Lots of old tools and such but actually a lot of machining stuff Gave it a quick look through today.

they’ve got bucket loads of carbide inserts TONS of end mills and taps, drills, lathe tooling. Also a bunch of name brand indicators and measuring tools.
Saw some P&W collets that might be the type used in old Bridgeport’s I just read about on here (maybe I don’t really know.)

had a Jacobs chuck that was damn near 4” across!!
I honestly think they got a kijiji add I missed a couple months back that was 1000$ and needed three adds for all the pics was a literal pick up truck load of tooling.

Years ago I used to visit that store quite often. Felt like being in a candy shop! But eventually I concluded I could find better deals elsewhere. Then the pandemic came and I stopped going there altogether. Worth the visit if you haven't seen it for sure.

Years ago I used to visit that store quite often. Felt like being in a candy shop! But eventually I concluded I could find better deals elsewhere.

For sure, it’s slightly better then a dirty pawn shop, and there’s a few things in there with a price tag that will give you a laugh!
I would never visit a place like that is it wasn’t for the machinist stuff. The tooling will bring me back when I need something.
I didn’t know it had been around that long.