Touch Marks

It's essentially a cold chisel with a business name and or logo micro ground into the end. You give it a whack and it embosses the metal. It's a method of signing your metal work. Like a hot stamp for woodworkers/leather workers. Really like to get one made with my logo, to mark my sculptures with something more durable than an autograph with a sharpie.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
It's essentially a cold chisel with a business name and or logo micro ground into the end. You give it a whack and it embosses the metal. It's a method of signing your metal work. Like a hot stamp for woodworkers/leather workers. Really like to get one made with my logo, to mark my sculptures with something more durable than an autograph with a sharpie.
I've never actually heard of this before for metal, but it makes a ton of sense.

Usually I just sign "JW" with letter punches, if I feel the need to mark my work, but this is a cool solution.

The wonders of YouTube.

Yep, just watched that vid. too, but that's a much simpler logo, so do-able with small files. But my Wing Nut logo is a bit more complex. It'll require CNC micro grinders. Just thought maybe someone on here may have had a good experience with a vendor. I like to ask first rather than randomly picking someone. ;)

I've never actually heard of this before for metal, but it makes a ton of sense.

Usually I just sign "JW" with letter punches, if I feel the need to mark my work, but this is a cool solution.

They are quite handy for permanent marking. Kinda looks professional too. I used to use a letter set and punch "Wing Nut Designs" and the year on 3/8" washers and include one with custom ordered sculptures. Called them Wing Nut Nickles. Clients love that sort of thing. Was thinking I could do it with the new touch mark and make a little key fob.