• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Torrent T.72-42 16x40 lathe

kylemp

I'm upgrading lathes and selling off my current one.
I've listed it on kijiji asking 6,000 but its listed with some negotiation room.
Its a great lathe, D1-6 camlock headstock, full gear head and quick change for threading metric or imperial, 5hp, DRO (slowly getting installed), I have a 5hp single phase motor for it or I can throw in a 10hp 220v phase converter, I have a wedge type tool post that will go with it as well.
It's worked VERY well for me over the years, its a heavy machine and not like the offshore 14x40 machines available from the usual suspects although can be moved with a pallet jack.
I will also pay for picker delivery if its gone by the end of the month, if you're interested let me know.
Torrent_1.JPG Torrent_2.JPG Torrent_speeds.JPG Torrent_threading.JPG

kylemp

I got the dro installed. Someone contacted me saying they're going to take it but until it's gone or there's a deposit I don't count it as sold. ad_0_1513789139039.jpg

MGordon

Well Sir,
It’s looks like a very nice machine but what i am interested to know, that some may already know, is what did you replace this machine with?

kylemp

This puppy. It's a big beast and probably too big for what I do but.. you never know.
Colchester mascot 1600.

Attachments

• Attach69499_20170825_171706.jpg
    Attach69499_20170825_171706.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 22

MGordon

Nice, Colchester Lathers are a favorite of mine. I am slowly looking around for a Colchester. “Slowly” as I am currently out of space and would have to do a lot of work to fit any new (to me) equipment into my shop. You should post a video when you get it running.