Torrent T.72-42 16x40 lathe

kylemp

I'm upgrading lathes and selling off my current one.
I've listed it on kijiji asking 6,000 but its listed with some negotiation room.
Its a great lathe, D1-6 camlock headstock, full gear head and quick change for threading metric or imperial, 5hp, DRO (slowly getting installed), I have a 5hp single phase motor for it or I can throw in a 10hp 220v phase converter, I have a wedge type tool post that will go with it as well.
It's worked VERY well for me over the years, its a heavy machine and not like the offshore 14x40 machines available from the usual suspects although can be moved with a pallet jack.
I will also pay for picker delivery if its gone by the end of the month, if you're interested let me know.
Torrent_1.JPG Torrent_2.JPG Torrent_speeds.JPG Torrent_threading.JPG

kylemp

I got the dro installed. Someone contacted me saying they're going to take it but until it's gone or there's a deposit I don't count it as sold. ad_0_1513789139039.jpg

MGordon

Well Sir,
It’s looks like a very nice machine but what i am interested to know, that some may already know, is what did you replace this machine with?

kylemp

This puppy. It's a big beast and probably too big for what I do but.. you never know.
Colchester mascot 1600.

Attachments

• Attach69499_20170825_171706.jpg
    Attach69499_20170825_171706.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 22

MGordon

Nice, Colchester Lathers are a favorite of mine. I am slowly looking around for a Colchester. “Slowly” as I am currently out of space and would have to do a lot of work to fit any new (to me) equipment into my shop. You should post a video when you get it running.