• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Toronto Resources

gerritv

Gerrit
Each MSM has a different owner/personality so I suggest you visit the Scarborough one in person before making a judgement. e.g. I drive from St Catharines to Stoney Creek as they are much more accomodating. And unless I am only going to look through the offcuts, I place the order the day before so they can schedule my order in with their other work.

The other place I had great success when I was living in Toronto was McKinnon Metals. Again, order ahead of time. They also had a great selection of off cuts.

As for looking at US prices, that is a total waste of time. You can't pick up there, and even when the border was open the drive from Scarborough to Buffalo would cost you more in time and fuel than you would save. Even from St Catharines (45 minutes) it was usually a waste of time and money.

Gerrit

Brent H

Ultra Member
Fire pit is good to go! A7B428E4-4904-4283-BC1E-79F1D4F0D236.jpeg
The bin has
lots of 3/16 stainless off cuts and some additional thinner steel stuff - all good - if you want some thin expanded metal (stainless) it’s there for you as well. @Chicken lights - I have some great metal for your flag mounts. Will have that ready around Christmas :)

architect

Super User
Fire pit is good to go! View attachment 11710
The bin has
lots of 3/16 stainless off cuts and some additional thinner steel stuff - all good - if you want some thin expanded metal (stainless) it’s there for you as well. @Chicken lights - I have some great metal for your flag mounts. Will have that ready around Christmas :)

Wow. I can't wait to be able to make something like that for myself. I'll take anything you don't want; looking forward to practicing on everything and anything.