• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Tool Titan Carbon Fiber Composites Digital Caliper (Princess Auto)

Tool

Brian H

Super User
The 78 and 79 Dodge Lil Red Express Truck was the fastest north American production vehicle. I bought mine in 1990 when I was 16. Still have it.
I was always a bit partial to the Warlock. Both wonderful machines tho. I can appreciate the new technology, but, there is something about a well tuned V8 ...

slow-poke

Ultra Member
The 78 and 79 Dodge Lil Red Express Truck was the fastest north American production vehicle. I bought mine in 1990 when I was 16. Still have it.
Pardon me, they had 225HP and did the 1/4 in about 15s. Do you mean fastest production car of 1978/79?

Last edited:

kstrauss

I don't understand the concern about battery life since it only takes a few seconds to replace the battery. I use Sunbeam branded LR44 batteries from Dollarama in my cheap digital calipers. At $1.25 for a package of 5 batteries, cost is not an issue and they typically last for a month or more. The same batteries also work fine in my Mitutoyo Quantum Mic.

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
I don't understand the concern about battery life since it only takes a few seconds to replace the battery. I use Sunbeam branded LR44 batteries from Dollarama in my cheap digital calipers. At $1.25 for a package of 5 batteries, cost is not an issue and they typically last for a month or more. The same batteries also work fine in my Mitutoyo Quantum Mic.
The cheap ones don't tell you when the battery is low. They just start dropping divisions and you get an incorrect measurement. That's much worse than a dead battery.

I find the distraction of having to change a battery extremely annoying. I just want to pick up the tool and use it. In my case it will take more than just a few seconds since I will probably spend a few minutes just finding some replacement batteries.

kstrauss

A battery in my Mitutoyo caliper will last over year, a battery left in my PA caliper will not make a month. 'Tis a pain in the butt when you go to use it and have to go look for batteries.
Perhaps just me but I can usually remember where I put things a month ago. Remembering from a year ago is hopeless.