• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

"This forum has been error free for [0] days" - Forum errors - June 22-23, 2021

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
(Responding via FireFox)

Just tried reboot. No luck. Here's the screen I get when I try to reply. I get similar screens for posts and PMs (no text boxes to type in).

1624495867379.png

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
(Responding via FireFox)

Just tried reboot. No luck. Here's the screen I get when I try to reply. I get similar screens for posts and PMs (no text boxes to type in).

View attachment 15671

Somehow I think this is your Chrome browser caching old data Peter. I think that because it works for you with firefox. Perhaps follow the instructions to completely remove chrome and all remnants then reinstall it. Anybody else still having problems?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Somehow I think this is your Chrome browser caching old data Peter. I think that because it works for you with firefox. Perhaps follow the instructions to completely remove chrome and all remnants then reinstall it. Anybody else still having problems?
I think this is caching too, as this was the issue that I fixed before I opened this thread.

I think a reinstall is a bit overkill, but I like the "have you tried rebooting it" troubleshooting spirit. haha

Peter, try this for me in Chrome:
1) Open the site in an incognito more tab (Command+Option+N?) - Does that work?
2) Open the developer tools (Sorry...) (Command+Option+J --> "Network" panel/tab at the top)
2a) Search for what feels like forever, and find the "Disable Cache" checkbox. Ensure that it is checked.
2b) Refresh the page --> Does that work?

If either of the above works, it's a caching issue

3) Add "?PageSpeedStickyQueryParameters=sticky_60minsjw&PageSpeed=off" to the end of links to test.
3a) or just click this link: https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.c...QueryParameters=sticky_60minsjw&PageSpeed=off
--> This stuff at the end of a link will disable a server side optimization thing on a per link basis (needs to be copied to each link you want to test). Does it work then?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I think this is caching too, as this was the issue that I fixed before I opened this thread.

I think a reinstall is a bit overkill, but I like the "have you tried rebooting it" troubleshooting spirit. haha

Peter, try this for me in Chrome:
1) Open the site in an incognito more tab (Command+Option+N?) - Does that work?
2) Open the developer tools (Sorry...) (Command+Option+J --> "Network" panel/tab at the top)
2a) Search for what feels like forever, and find the "Disable Cache" checkbox. Ensure that it is checked.
2b) Refresh the page --> Does that work?

If either of the above works, it's a caching issue

3) Add "?PageSpeedStickyQueryParameters=sticky_60minsjw&PageSpeed=off" to the end of links to test.
3a) or just click this link: https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.c...QueryParameters=sticky_60minsjw&PageSpeed=off
--> This stuff at the end of a link will disable a server side optimization thing on a per link basis (needs to be copied to each link you want to test). Does it work then?
Yes, this solved the issue. Thanks so much Josh, John, Craig, et al.

Incognito proved the caching issue as correct. Odd, because I blew my cache away yesterday and that didn't do it. Also interesting that the font size reverted to what it always was after dumping the cache as suggested. Either way thanks so much guys.

Last edited:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No idea what you guys are talking about, caches, chrome, and what have you. Not even close to being a tech or geek, give me a big hammer and i will fix things. You guys keep up the good work on the tech stuff though, keeps me a safe from gremlins.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
No idea what you guys are talking about, caches, chrome, and what have you. Not even close to being a tech or geek, give me a big hammer and i will fix things. You guys keep up the good work on the tech stuff though, keeps me a safe from gremlins.
On this forum can we all just agree that a hammer is a "Precision Adjustment Device" for computers?

(Apologies to Josh, John and the other real techies in this thread).