• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tech-night

Brian G

An idea I'd like to introduce is something called "tech-night". This is an evening or weekend day that some more experienced fellow would volunteer to "teach" or "assist" any of the other forum members, in some specific area of their own expertise or something of universal interest.

We started.this in a forum dedicated to fans of a particular old, orphaned car model. It was amazing how many like minded guys there were out there with that car and with certain areas of expertise. The sharing of experience, expertise, facilities and equipment made this hobby activity both more efficient & less expensive, and it created a family of comrades that also began to socialize and enjoy their unique hobby with like minded people.

I have some resources for this kind of thing here in Edmonton if there is interest, but it's also a good idea for you Calgary guys.

EricB

I'd certainly be up for this here in Edmonton, @Brian G

Not sure if I'd be much use on the teaching side, but I'm an excellent learner! :p

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
We should make one of these a meetup to start.

Or that blacksmithing thing we chatted about at the last meetup. Who had the details for that?

JW