Not too difficult , but I decided to go one size up instead of one size down compared to the original so getting the nut squeezed in there was somewhat challenging. If doing it again, I would go one size down it would be a lot easier. The problem for you would be the difference in thread pitch, that would throw off your dial graduations. That was not an issue for me because of CNC conversion.Was it difficult to change to ball screws
Thanks for the info, dro will fix the dial issue I guess. I’ll look into it.Not too difficult , but I decided to go one size up instead of one size down compared to the original so getting the nut squeezed in there was somewhat challenging. If doing it again, I would go one size down it would be a lot easier. The problem for you would be the difference in thread pitch, that would throw off your dial graduations. That was not an issue for me because of CNC conversion.
Sure beats winning the fuzzy dice at the draw
Someone wiser than me will be along shortly, but I think from what I have heard you'll need to have a way of locking the cross slide as there's not enough friction in the ball and screw to hold position while taking a cut. In a cnc, the servos take care of that.Thanks for the info, dro will fix the dial issue I guess. I’ll look into it.
Did you take any photos of the change over?Not too difficult , but I decided to go one size up instead of one size down compared to the original so getting the nut squeezed in there was somewhat challenging. If doing it again, I would go one size down it would be a lot easier. The problem for you would be the difference in thread pitch, that would throw off your dial graduations. That was not an issue for me because of CNC conversion.
Did you take any photos of the change over?
It was a couple of years ago, but I thank only about $250.I hate the fact that I have to source a part that I could easily make if I had access to a lathe and mill. I hate to ask what they charged you for it