• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

South Bend 7" Shaper - on Edmonton Kijiji

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Had a good day, stopped in Red Deer to drop off some meat for my son (starving university student), then stopped in Blackfalds to deliver a band-saw I sold, then on to Spruce Grove area to get the shaper. Trifecta!

Johnwa

Ultra Member
For comparison, here’s a picture of one that needs some TLC. I don’t think I’ll get it to look as nice as Kevin’s though!
29258AC8-038F-42BF-8B18-2132D1020C29.jpeg

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Johnwa : Will be nice during your restoration though as now you will have a comparison machine :)

By the way, What is the " 7 inch" part of the shaper mean? Is that 7" stroke?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Yes the 7” refers to the stroke. I am saving all of Kevin’s pictures to give me inspiration.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Even that not so nice shaper is in quite OK shape. Looks to have original vise, good paint and I bet the ways are not trashed. Take few hundred dollars off the price of the other one for the stand and its value is still > $1000.

Everett

Super User
Well Kevin, just glad to see it went to a good home. It is crazy what stuff is going for now in Western Canada, even buying a fixer-upper unit cost me a bit over $1k including the unit and materials/supplies to bring it into usable shape. I'm in Spruce Grove, too bad I didn't know you were going to be in the neighborhood, you could have come over and I would have raised a beverage with you in the shop in celebration of your new machine!