• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Son of a biscuit eater it's cold.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Happy birthday Bill wishing you many more.
My travels to Stoney Creek take me to Millen Road as well, We would go to "Chuggy's" at Barton and Millen for a pint or two.
@Dusty I see a link from one of your posts shows the old clock in Mj, they could use a hand from you although I can't see you climbing those stairs with a bum knee. Hopefully they get it going once it warms up a bit.

Back when I lived at 205 Margaret Avenue 'Chuggy's at Barton' didn't exist it was all farmland. As I recall facing Lake Ontario that corner was hay fields, apple orchard, and grape rows over the railway tracks and all the way to the QE Highway. From the north side (lake side) of the QE Highway to the lake were huge strawberry and tomato fields. Fact is Margaret Avenue never went all the way to Barton as it does now. So as kids when we wanted to go swimming at the lake we simply crossed over to Millen Road on our bikes.

Fully aware of the ongoing restoration of the CPR clock in Moose Jaw although climbing the stairs is out of the question. Flip side wouldn't I love to do just that. LOL

Last edited:

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
CLARIFICATION: I was born Monday, January 3, 1938 in Hamilton, ON. My 84th birthday this year also fell on Monday January 3rd 2022.

3pm, Thursday, January 6th, 2022, just back from hospital and my therapist informs me there has been minimal increase (almost unnoticeable) right knee movement over the last five week period. So she gave me an Interferential Current (IFC) treatment meaning electrical current which increases blood flow, improves healing by reducing swelling (extra circulation takes it away), and removes damaged tissue. Stimulation of local nerve cells and may elicit mild muscle contraction. Water retention is a huge concern although I'm on pee pills for that.

Shall have a better idea where I'm at overnight or up to 24 hours later. She also mentioned me seeing my surgeon again, oh no not that!

Tom O

Ultra Member
So you talking range of motion then, it can take quite a while when swollen. I had a ACL replaced years ago and they used that hand held DR. HO type of machine on me he kept changing the batteries because I’d have it cranked up. A stationary bike was was main therapy rocking it back and forth till i could rotate it around 360*.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
CLARIFICATION: I was born Monday, January 3, 1938 in Hamilton, ON. My 84th birthday this year also fell on Monday January 3rd 2022.

3pm, Thursday, January 6th, 2022, just back from hospital and my therapist informs me there has been minimal increase (almost unnoticeable) right knee movement over the last five week period. So she gave me an Interferential Current (IFC) treatment meaning electrical current which increases blood flow, improves healing by reducing swelling (extra circulation takes it away), and removes damaged tissue. Stimulation of local nerve cells and may elicit mild muscle contraction. Water retention is a huge concern although I'm on pee pills for that.

Shall have a better idea where I'm at overnight or up to 24 hours later. She also mentioned me seeing my surgeon again, oh no not that!
Well here's to to hoping that 2022 will bring you healing and comfort.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
So you talking range of motion then, it can take quite a while when swollen. I had a ACL replaced years ago and they used that hand held DR. HO type of machine on me he kept changing the batteries because I’d have it cranked up. A stationary bike was was main therapy rocking it back and forth till i could rotate it around 360*.

Swollen after four knee replacement surgeries over 33 months along with water retention. If there's a light at the end of the tunnel I don't see it yet.

I count my blessings in baby steps.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Back when I lived at 205 Margaret Avenue 'Chuggy's at Barton' didn't exist it was all farmland. As I recall facing Lake Ontario that corner was hay fields, apple orchard, and grape rows over the railway tracks and all the way to the QE Highway. From the north side (lake side) of the QE Highway to the lake were huge strawberry and tomato fields. Fact is Margaret Avenue never went all the way to Barton as it does now. So as kids when we wanted to go swimming at the lake we simply crossed over to Millen Road on our bikes.

Fully aware of the ongoing restoration of the CPR clock in Moose Jaw although climbing the stairs is out of the question. Flip side wouldn't I love to do just that. LOL
Sounds like a great time and great place to grow up, seems now there is a lot of wartime house in the area but with the way "progress" has taken over hard to believe there ever was fields out there.

Shall have a better idea where I'm at overniIght or up to 24 hours later. She also mentioned me seeing my surgeon again, oh no not that!

I have used the interferential in the past for my back and it helped, in the end I bought one and a handheld ultra sound unit that I have used for flare ups with good success, hopefully it will help you get back going, that's too long for you to be hobbled up.
I hope you had a good birthday.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Hey, do you guys think you could shut the windows next week? Maybe throw a log on the fire? Dispatch is making noise about wagons west again. ‘Preciated if it wasn’t -45 when I’m there

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Sounds like a great time and great place to grow up, seems now there is a lot of wartime house in the area but with the way "progress" has taken over hard to believe there ever was fields out there.

I have used the interferential in the past for my back and it helped, in the end I bought one and a handheld ultra sound unit that I have used for flare ups with good success, hopefully it will help you get back going, that's too long for you to be hobbled up.
I hope you had a good birthday.

@combustable herbage - when I was ready to retire from the air force in 1977 my older brother tried to talk me into settling back home. Looking to the future our parents bought two empty lots right next to our home so one was left for the asking. When I enlisted with the RCAF in 1955 there were no more than 25 homes both sides of Margaret Avenue starting from #8 highway to 205 Margaret Avenue heading towards the lake. Simply loads of vacant lots all around ours.

Where does one obtain a reliable IFC without spend hundreds of dollars like hospital therapy units must do? Would like to take a look at some.

Last edited:

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Where does one obtain a reliable IFC without spend hundreds of dollars like hospital therapy units must do? Would like to take a look at some.
I ordered from these guys it was gulp probably 20 years ago but everything arrived safely then and both units I bought are in service with limited use in say the last 5 years. They still have the same ultrasound that I have but looks like the interferential is a bit different, if you didn't already know there is a difference between the tens and the interferential as the interferential goes deeper.
Check them out might be something for you.