• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Skoda Live Center

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I did - I have like 4 of these in MT4 and I have also one brand new MT4 for sale.

Some bearings are not that hard to replace - the main problem is the "basket" bearing. Since this is MT2 I am not sure whatever it is the same as MT4.

The thrust bearing and the end bearing on MT4 are standard.

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I did open it up. The bearing and shaft at the end opposite the center are really small and secured with a very small snap ring. I really didn't want to tap or press on it. It would be very easy to damage. So I flushed it really well with light oil (3 in 1) and re lubed everything. I think it's going to be OK?
CHEERS

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I did open it up. The bearing and shaft at the end opposite the center are really small and secured with a very small snap ring. I really didn't want to tap or press on it. It would be very easy to damage. So I flushed it really well with light oil (3 in 1) and re lubed everything. I think it's going to be OK?
CHEERS

Awesome! I have an MT3 Live Center with a brinelled bearing. I really should take it apart one of these days and replace the bearing.