• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Simple cool 1 day project needed.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Espresso tamper

I love the espresso tamper. Prolly way too difficult for them.

But I might make one of those for me! And if I made one for her sisters husband who is a coffee nut, my bride would suddenly have a different view......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think this is your solution. It requires some milling for the teeth, some turning, some knurling, and some threading for the handle. I'll bet ya that you end up making two:p

I agree totally. I do love it. But it would take days to make it. Needs to be simple.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Choose cautiously my friend. I hear banjos.

If this endeavor backfires—say she doesn't like the results and spreads the word around to a bunch of our spouses—all our shops could be in jeopardy on this forum.

No pressure though ;)

That settles it. The meat tenderizer is out!

Never thought of that. I forget about unintended consequences way too often. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut when challenges like that happen.

Best all pray that it goes well.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Never thought of that. I forget about unintended consequences way too often. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut when challenges like that happen.

Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire.

Don't make it too easy, its a great idea, too often we build and show spouses what we have made to impress them but we don't always let them know the effort and precision required might be an eye opener for them. Have fun!

historicalarms

Ultra Member
for me it was a new set of chair leg buttons made from aluminum because the old ones had started to mark the floor....forever justified me having a few machines with "she who must be obeyed"....also saved me from having to finance and replace those 35 yr old chairs .

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member

We're all right behind you until such point as our spouses turn on us. Then it's every metalworker for himself. :p

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Chair leg buttons. Love it. But not enough "cool factor".

Kegel exerciser - the bride doesn't need that. There is a guy who has been hanging around here for 50 years who supplies more of that exercise than she can handle. My sister? Just plain awkward......

Every machinist to himself eh? Ya, I get that and I won't hold it against any of you for throwing me to the she-wolf.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Can't picture that as a lathe project:p

Sure you can, just turn the board into a vertical cylinder on a bearing. You just spin it right or left to face whichever way you want. Might be a bit like 3D Chess.......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The problem here is that the definition of "cool" is so different between guys and girls and they won't tell us what they consider cool.
View attachment 16872
But then on the flip side
View attachment 16873
Face it gentlemen,,,,,,, we were doomed from the start. LOL

That pretty much sums it all up..... Is it my imagination or is that guy sleeping?

Reminds me of a joke.

This fellow is a model citizen. He gives more than he takes, he is kind and generous to everyone. He always strives to make the world a better place.

God sees this and decides to reward him by granting him a wish.

The fellow thinks a bit and then says he would like a bridge to Hawaii from Vancouver Island so that people could drive there whenever they wanted instead of flying or sailing.

God looks at him as though he were truly stupid and says, are you kidding me, do you have any idea how far that is and how deep the ocean is between here and there? That's waaay too difficult a task. Ask me for something else.

The fellow thinks a bit more and then says. I'd like to be able to understand women.

God looks at him as though he were stunned once more. Then he asks him if he would like 2 lanes or 4 on that bridge.......