• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Shop Shop air line systems

Shop
Time to replace some outdoor wall taps. They are the long 24" frost free type. The supply line is PEX. I don't know if it's A or B.

I'm going to put ball-valves in line with the taps so I can service them more easily in the future.

I have a pex kit with copper seal rings, a swaging tool, and a go-nogo-go gauge.

How the hell do I know if my pex line and swaging kit are compatible? Do they sell adapters?

Last shop we renovated we ran Pex. At least a 1000’ of 3/4 and 1/2 inch drops. compressor was in the back shop. Down both walls drops at every 15 feet near the receptacles. A good 100 feet along the fence line to the front shop same there. We used type b with the proper expander and rings and fittings. No issues. I have Pex in my garage as well as all my home Reno for years. I will never use shark bites on water.

My thoughts having worked in a lot of different shops. Iron pipe or copper excellent. Copper use swept 90s on corners much better flow. Pex probably, works great when I re-plumbed my house. Shark bites emergency plumbing repairs only, I see too many trucks with air leaks with push connectors. Granted buildings don’t vibrate like a truck. A couple of my plow jockey freinds have massive shops plumbed with 3/4” blue rapid air seems good. Bought it for my own. Should get it installed someday
An air compressor tech told me a loop system with drops gives a 4-1 reduction in pressure drop at the outlets.
As al ways this advice is worth what it cost
Art

Back