Shipping Lathe

Madpiper

Anyone had experience shipping a smaller lathe from Ont to Ab? I’ve located a SB 9; what carrier did you use, and what was the cost?

Brian H

Super User
I used Q-Line Transport (based in Saskatoon) to bring my lathe from the Vancouver port to Saskatoon. It was a new purchase and already in a crate. I was very happy with their service. I believe they go all over North america

Rotaxxx

I recently used Manitoulin transport to deliver a crate for me. It was way cheaper then I thought it would be, and was really happy with them. I had no complaints.

Swharfin'

Out to pasture Red Seal Millwright
I tried Uship https://www.uship.com/ca kinda like Uber cab for shipping/trucking. Was Quoted $1295 from a machinery mover and $500 from a Uship driver unfortunately I received his bid a day late due to time constraints.
How ever you decide to go, have the machine crated up.

Crankit

I used Q-Line Transport (based in Saskatoon) to bring my lathe from the Vancouver port to Saskatoon. It was a new purchase and already in a crate. I was very happy with their service. I believe they go all over North america

Were you the importer of the lathe?

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Really important with Manitoulin, or I guess any of them, get a written quote first. I've seen a price difference of 4x between a quoted and their invoice when they didn't realize they'd quoted it. btw, it was for a 1000 lb skid from BC to Ont and it was $260 which I thought extremely reasonable