• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Selling Colchester Master 2500 For A Neighbour

I know...

I will post the info when we find out if we have gotten the lathe or if the woman decides our offer was not enough for her. I expect that will be within a couple of days
Oh and I'll be posting the sale price if I can find it out... unlike auctioneers who keep this private in order to maintain their ability to provide appraisal services i think such infor belongs in the public domain.

Whatever happened here? I assume it fell through? I need an ending to this thread

When the woman would not close the deal we purchased a near mint 1440 at government auction from durham transit. We moved it home and started to use it.

Then the seller's rep contacted us a month or so later saying hey she is ready to sell now. So Brother bought the master 2500, and resold the 1440. We bought some of the other items as well.

Back