• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Sears Craftsman Shaper from lethbridge

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I found a little 6" Simpsons Sears Shaper on Kijiji the other day and went on a road trip... it was a lot smaller than it looked and he said it was a 7"... Anyway we settled on 150, with a bunch of tooling.

--it only takes 1/4" HSS lathe bits, but they're on sale at Busy Bee right now. Once I start the rebuild I'll post some pictures.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
So here's a picture on my dining room table... It needs a lot of cleaning and de-rusting. Most of the controls are frozen solid. I think I can make quite a usable little shaper out of it.

DSCN0696sm.jpg

BTW for the current clapper box they have been running the motor backwards; so the slow stroke is on the pull but cuts on the faster push stroke! go figure...

Rotaxxx

You don't have any new pics of the shaper by chance? I have a love affair for shapers my wife would say, and I have never seen a Craftsman one before!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I should add that the project got put on long term hold, while I was getting the LeBlond and Hartford reassembled.