CA-AB Russell steel prices

Alberta
Type
Metal

Raygers

Premium Member
Metal supermarkets in London is not cheap, but they cut free (even multiple cuts in the same stock eg 6 pieces 3 inches long each) and will get anything I've ever asked for. I can pickup or they deliver overnight reasonably.
There's a new Metal Supermarket in Windsor, a little closer.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I get to Windsor a LOT more often than London!

Found it. Not the best location but still better than London!

Thank You @Raygers !

A little bit of info here a I buy metal generally in the 600lb and up volumes and manage to buy from the distributers as a result.

MS and the like are generally 3 to 5 times the price (I remember when they were 1.5 to 2 times). It is definitely worth shopping around for the best deals once you get above a certain volume or dollar value as most have minimums both in wt and dollar value.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Federal cuts stick in half at request. Normally I bring a battery recip saw with a metal blade. I don't (yet) have a battery bandsaw, but if I see a great deal on one, well, then...

Encore, at one time was great to deal with. good prices, even on smallish orders. Now if you don't want to buy 500$ worth of stuff it is marked up - a lot. I was to buy some offcuts from them at 40$ each, but when they couldn't get the stick of 17-4 I asked for, the price per offcut suddenly became $198 each. :mad:

- I haven't called Encore since.

Doesn't your new truck have 120v outlet or an inverter? Small portable bandsaws have small motors like just 1/3hp.