• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Rotary Table for Craftex CX605

Brian H

Super User
I have the 4”rt and the travel kit from lms, i have a plan for an anchoring plate and a 4”4jaw with no way of attaching it yet (time restraint mostly) but if you are in calgary nw, next week sometime ill be sone lights and can give you a looksee at what i got goin on

Well, I won't be in Calgary anytime soon, I live in SK. But, I would like to see pics when your done. LMS has some really nice upgrades for these mills that I would like to purchase, but, I'm just not sure how well they'll fit my mill.
Just out of curiosity,what size motor is on your mill? Mine is a 350w and I'd like to upgrade to the 500w am install the kit that eliminates the hi-lo gear box.

Has anyone here done that? Whats the availabity/compatability of a bigger motor? Mine doesn't have the torque to drill a 3/8" hole in aluminum.The safety switch shuts it off as soon as it starts to cut.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have a 6" RT with indexing I got few years ago off Amazon - its Grizzly badge. I got it for mini-mill I had few years back. It barely fits mini - about same as 4" machinist vise space wise.

For a Bridgeport it is tiny - I wish I had at least 8" but no more than 10" as I believe 12" is like 200lbs.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Clearance problems....
Need to finish mill riser project. Need smaller drill chuck, need stubby drill bits.

Attachments

• B28EACE5-C222-4F58-9A94-8B4F24DCF76C.jpeg
    B28EACE5-C222-4F58-9A94-8B4F24DCF76C.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 72FAA8B6-A4C2-4D1C-9487-DAEA45E0F955.jpeg
    72FAA8B6-A4C2-4D1C-9487-DAEA45E0F955.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1

GlenG

Glen
I have a CX612, which i think is the same size as your CX605, and a 3" RT and tail stock. The combination works pretty good for me but of course YRMV. The TAIG 4 Jaw chuck is also very good fit for it as well. I'm in the process of making an adapter plate or you can buy one from TAIG.

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590.JPG

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
I have a CX612, which i think is the same size as your CX605, and a 3" RT and tail stock. The combination works pretty good for me but of course YRMV. The TAIG 4 Jaw chuck is also very good fit for it as well. I'm in the process of making an adapter plate or you can buy one from TAIG.

View attachment 3956View attachment 3957
I have the same for my cx605 but i am working on a different method of mounting as i found such limited room already that the baseplate was just to much, no pics yet but its a stack of blocks and bolts until my motor upgrade which should be here tomorrow.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Any one out there have the instruction/user manual for BB 2724 SOBA model 110240 4" RTHV? Mine didn't come with one and I can't find one on the web. I contacted BB to see if they could supply one. If you have one I would appreciate an electronic copy please thank you.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
This isn’t the same table but should cover the basics.

Thanks John, but what I'm really looking for is an exploded view and adjustment instructions for the one I have.

This thing has a set screw that I assume is for adjusting backlash, but has no effect unless I loosen 4 crank hold down screws first.

TABLESCREWS.jpg

Craig

P.S. BB replied no joy on the manual.

Last edited:

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Craig
Try Grizzly tools and/or little machine shop. Both have a table that looks a lot like yours. I didn’t see any exploded diagrams but I didn’t look very hard.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I found several online..... but when I look at them, the part numbers seem to match, but don't. And by match, I have the 6" rotary table (also from BB). In the manual I have, it has the exploded views, and lists models 110239/242/243/244 and 110245, but no 110240. In my manual, 110240 is the optional tail stock

The schematics don't match the one I have either. I'll see if I can post a picture from my phone, stand by.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
ab93462028ef8dcced1c07b0b5f90bcc.jpg

6f00153202edbce4b94feb86efad26e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Kevin

I found your manual online. It doesn't describe my RT. The box for mine states order No. 110240 and tail stock order No. 111302. No. 110240 shows up on the SOBA website as the one I have, but I couldn't find any manuals there either.

Craig