• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Right to Repair

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just couldn't resist could you....

Now I won't be able sleep for months wondering how many fingers you have left.....

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Just couldn't resist could you....

Now I won't be able sleep for months wondering how many fingers you have left.....
I always thought they'd be great for paint ball courses. You wear a receiver on your vest with a loud beeper. If you step on a land mine it trips and sends out the message that it went BOOM! Your vest receives this and starts making a noise like something screaming. At this point your mates have to give up fighting and help you back to a specific station where the screaming is cancelled (field hospital) by a special transmitter.

Remember the whole point of anti-personal land mines is to injure, not kill so it takes 3 out of the battle. One injured and two for helping the injured back out of the front lines.

Unlike the Yagi antennas that were used to receive, the vest antenna would have a range of about 5' so people near you wouldn't have their screamer tripped.

I also built 10 that had a large coil inside that could detect an ultra low frequency signal like the type used on the exit of stores to thwart shoplifters. You passed the transmitting coil over the ground and the WORM would trip as if you pressed the button without actually stepping on it. Designed for long term burial to see if they still worked months or even a year later after plants grew back over top.

Attachments

• ULF_WORM.JPG
    ULF_WORM.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 2
One of my antenna designs is on a 1-1/2" dia pc board for 450 & 900mhz range tested to a 1000ft mounted flush to the ground on ultra low power. Sorry can't tell you the application.

Other builds include security systems, wild life tracking, video/audio distribution at major sporting events.

This is just the commercial side of the business.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
One of my antenna designs is on a 1-1/2" dia pc board for 450 & 900mhz range tested to a 1000ft mounted flush to the ground on ultra low power. Sorry can't tell you the application.

Other builds include security systems, wild life tracking, video/audio distribution at major sporting events.

This is just the commercial side of the business.
Never did check the range on the WORMs above ground. They were normally buried up to 24" deep and apparently even in wet soil along the Cambodia Thailand border were detected when the demining equipment thrashed over them. Mine are also about 1.5" diameter and in the two lower ISM bands.