RF45 too good to be true!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Lmao, yeah that's part of the scam. They ship a package so you have to wait to dispute it until it arrives

But why ship it fast? I would ship it slow. Like super slow. Say 3 month shipping.

My scam hope would be that in 3m around 0.1% of people I shipped to would either die or have a big life even or maybe some would even forget.

But 0.1% of 400 USD is like $40c per item shipped return on investment - which is far less than shipping ... anything.

Could scammers be loosing money?

Jswain

Joe
But why ship it fast? I would ship it slow. Like super slow. Say 3 month shipping.

My scam hope would be that in 3m around 0.1% of people I shipped to would either die or have a big life even or maybe some would even forget.

But 0.1% of 400 USD is like $40c per item shipped return on investment - which is far less than shipping ... anything.

Could scammers be loosing money?
I believe you need to confirm, or go say 5 days past arrival date before they get the money.

Last part would be people not checking their mailboxes or email to confirm or dispute then the money is released.

I think anyways. I've never confirmed a recieved product so they must get their money after xx days of the tracking saying it arrived if you don't confirm.

Say 75% of people dispute but 25% don't realize that it arrived 5 days ago and they sell 10k units @$500 each they are laughing

I noticed right after this post started, the guy with the laser for $400 posted up too which in my mind he is probably part of the scam and watching the forums which talk about it to suck more people in. How many viewers of the forum just see the $400 RF45 or $400 laser click quick and buy

Jswain

Joe

Laser post I mentioned, this originated I believe In this post and was moved, or this subforum

gerritv

Gerrit
I think anyways. I've never confirmed a recieved product so they must get their money after xx days of the tracking saying it arrived if you don't confirm.
Not a very nice way to treat small shop owners who put up the money for product, ship it and have to wait 1-3 months for the ticker to run out if there is no tracking on the package.
I would venture most of the AliExpress shops are mon&pop operations like many shops in Asia.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Not a very nice way to treat small shop owners who put up the money for product, ship it and have to wait 1-3 months for the ticker to run out if there is no tracking on the package.
I would venture most of the AliExpress shops are mon&pop operations like many shops in Asia.

Ya, I would not have guessed that they don't get their money for so long. I would have thought that they were paid right away, but Ali claws their money back or threatens to close their account if something goes wrong. Of course much much worse is possible in China especially for $500. Everything I have seen tells me that sellers are terrified of the Ali mothership. Let's not forget that Ali sells worldwide and not everybody out there is as easy going as a Canadian. They could go to a prison labour camp for a $500 scam that embarrasses the Ali mothership.

I've seen it first hand when I was in China consulting.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Well, I do sometimes thing some auctions are a way to "clean" money - i.e. Dude X buys through auction Dude Y items for insane price. Now Y has clean money as they gotten it from auction house.
I think they call that the real estate market in Vancouver and the GTA;-)
AKA snow washing.

Jswain

Joe
I've never ordered a package that didn't have tracking and I notice it's usually confirmed quickly after the tracking clears so I don't think anyone is waiting more than a day or two for their money

With that being said I didn't know the money was held back until this thread so I will make a point to confirm in the future, not like I'm going out of my way to be a dick to them.

Last edited:

gerritv

Gerrit
It is a forwarding company. Sad, all those ranting misinformed people.

If I order items via AliExpress from a bunch of vendors the delivery often gets upgraded to 'Combined' shipping. Generally faster, somewhere along the path they get consolidated into one parcel and a driver drops them off at my door.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I report those ads anytime I see them.

That's just like the ones I described earlier. If it sounds WAAAAY too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Mind you, I did score a REALLY good price on a brand new Honda Generator after the big blackout. IIRC, it was about $300. They brought in thousands of them and then couldn't sell them all after the blackout. A Honda employee got it for me.

darrin1200

Darrin
I think they do the shipping quick, and count on the receiver confirming receipt before starting the dispute. That way AliExpress releases the money before it’s disputed.

When I received the package, yesterday, I did not confirm receipt. I just opened a dispute and included a picture with label and contents. That was at about 11am and that AliExpress was investigating. Last night at about 10:30pm, I got a notice asking if I would accept a full refund as a resolution. I accepted, and now I’m waiting for the money to go back into PayPal.

So far a pretty quick and painless, alibet annoying, process.