• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Request Forum Updates / Changes

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Pretty much given up on the IOS image rotation issue. Can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have a programming background want to give it a crack?

Also, updated spam user detection to automatically delete any user who signs up form "digital ocean' or similar (VPN, dedicated servers used to cloak location and run spamming auto sign up scripts)
--> No real person signs up for a cloud based web server to cloak location and sign up to forums, right?

Got us some business cards, so thats nice. Will hand out next time I see you guys, if anyone wants some. (1000 to give away, haha)

JW

Mphenley

Premium Member
Something I've noticed that might be on purpose (but I doubt) is that the name of the forum skin ("nickel", in my case) shows up where the CHMW logo should be in the upper left while viewing on a full browser (chrome). Perhaps it's a bug in the forum code, or a bug in the style code, or maybe just a setup option to put the logo in more places that wasn't picked? The link on hover is still the main page, so it's definitely operating properly, just not showing the logo.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Pretty much given up on the IOS image rotation issue. Can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have a programming background want to give it a crack?

Also, updated spam user detection to automatically delete any user who signs up form "digital ocean' or similar (VPN, dedicated servers used to cloak location and run spamming auto sign up scripts)
--> No real person signs up for a cloud based web server to cloak location and sign up to forums, right?

Got us some business cards, so thats nice. Will hand out next time I see you guys, if anyone wants some. (1000 to give away, haha)

JW

@Jwest7788 Suggestion, why not post an image with the actual size of the business card so members can download same then print them off as needed. Cost effective me thinks, EBGO's (everybody gets one). Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Anything you guys hope to see in the forum that isn't here currently?

You must be crazy asking that question!

But since you asked, more emoticons would thrill me - both in the edit field to help us express ourselves and especially in the reactions to other posts to help convey our reactions to another members post more flexibly and more accurately.

Along the same line, I've seen a few examples recently of forums that support the Apple and Android extended keyboard emojii characters.

Also, search improvements. I sometimes have difficulty finding things. Often the forum won't accept my search terms because they are too simple or would get too many hits. I'd rather wade through too many hits than get denied the search entirely.

All the above said, I love this Forum Josh. If you never changed a thing I'd still be very happy.

Edit - seems my system notifications just highlighted a very old post of yours. I didn't notice the date till after I replied. Hence my reply above. No idea why the notification came. I'll try to watch for other examples.

You have enough on your plate. Don't worry about emoticons.

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Is anybody else having trouble uploading pictures? Error says the file is too large for the server to process.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Is anybody else having trouble uploading pictures? Error says the file is too large for the server to process.

I had problems for a day or so after the crash, but no difficulties recently.