When I'm gone, the memories are gone too
Oh oh. Somebody is getting older. Those kinda thoughts are what causes wrinkles and memory loss. Also a crazy urge to spend money on stupid things that will never pay but make you smile like a little boy.
When I'm gone, the memories are gone too
How so?Oh oh. Somebody is getting older. Those kinda thoughts are what causes wrinkles and memory loss. Also a crazy urge to spend money on stupid things that will never pay but make you smile like a little boy.
How so?
I had a base model, 74 Dodge Dart Sport as one of my first vehicles.I had a 70 Capri with the washer pump on the floor. Just a big rubber ball like an air mattress pump but if you stomped it hard enough you could wash the windows of the guy behind you at a stop light.
Or so I'm told...
If you want philosophy, Noah didn't wait for the rain to start building the boatMost young guys don't think so philosophically. That's mostly an old man thing.
I had a 70 Capri with the washer pump on the floor. Just a big rubber ball like an air mattress pump but if you stomped it hard enough you could wash the windows of the guy behind you at a stop light.
Or so I'm told...
Me too, but mine had a metal ring around the outside that operated the wipers intermittently. KISS.I had a base model, 74 Dodge Dart Sport as one of my first vehicles.
It had the foot stomp on the left hand floor board as well. and yeah, if a guy hit er' hard enough...easy to hit the car behind lol
The funny part of the story is it was a bogus letter that someone made up and managed to get widely circulated very quickly. They had done it on official Washington state DOT letter head and it was a full page of small print, citing studies, tests, planned inspection and enforcement procedures etc. etc. Of course by half way down the page a truck driver would be screaming bloody murder, cussing up a storm and swearing to refuse to travel into or through Washington state. They never read to the last sentence which had the blonde punchline.As an ex blonde (now snow white), I absolutely LOVE the blonde joke above!
Yup, my old grand dad got hard of hearing...mostly deaf as a hoe handle, and we had to make him uit driving the old chevy pick-up on the farm...he couldnt hear the starter & ring gear grinding each other to pieces when his toe "rode" that button with the engine already running.I believe there was a small "pedal" above the gas pedal that you pushed with your toe. It then engaged the starter pinion with the ring gear and closed the contacts sending 6 volts to the starter.
Yup I believe the 50's Dodges/Fargo's .yvdad used to run were exactly like that. A spring wound rod with a round pad on top for tip of your foot to push on.I believe there was a small "pedal" above the gas pedal that you pushed with your toe. It then engaged the starter pinion with the ring gear and closed the contacts sending 6 volts to the starter.
I recall a buddy had a similar setup, but I can't recall what vehicle it was. Wasn't a Capri.I had a 70 Capri with the washer pump on the floor
Yeah, I think our GMC was '52 or '53.Yup I believe the 50's Dodges/Fargo's .yvdad used to run were exactly like that. A spring wound rod with a round pad on top for tip of your foot to push on.
My 58 chev had those vacuum wipers they definitely cut down the speed limit going over the Malahat in Victoria when I worked at the Victorian we used a old Chinese vegetable truck to take the waste copies to the dump the battery was never charged up so we used the crank and got a lot of comments.I remember a friend had a car with vacuum wipers in it. When you accelerated they slowed down and when you were coasting with the throttle closed they went faster.
The Victorian, we were co-workers. Course I didn't get a company truck, I had to walk or ride my 3 speed mustang bicycle.My 58 chev had those vacuum wipers they definitely cut down the speed limit going over the Malahat in Victoria when I worked at the Victorian we used a old Chinese vegetable truck to take the waste copies to the dump the battery was never charged up so we used the crank and got a lot of comments.
I sent him a photo of an engine lift that has a pintle hook in place of the dangling hook that consumes over 4-6” of the lift and he said that he didn’t understand.
Not just recently. Ever take a look at an early/mid 70's Corvette intake manifold? The runners go down, then back up to get into the heads. Designers said, we need the low hood, engineers said, then we need to make to lowest performance intake manifold known to mankind.Unfortunately in recent years I have found that design and engineering are mutually exclusive.